Sometimes you find the perfect pair of glasses and you don’t even want to think about buying new ones. But the time may come when you will need to replace them. Your local orthokeratology and eye care center Eye and Vision Care shares the signs that you need to get new eyeglasses soon.
1. You’re Squinting Even When Wearing Your Eyeglasses — Squinting helps focus blurry vision by reducing the amount of light that gets into the eyes, which is something you shouldn’t have to do if you’re wearing eyeglasses with the correct prescription. If you find yourself squinting often, even while wearing your eyeglasses, you will definitely need new ones.
2. You’re Getting Headaches — Wearing eyeglasses with wrong or outdated prescription can cause eye strain that results in headaches. If you’ve been experiencing headaches, particularly at work or after reading for an extended time, make an appointment for an eye exam. Chances are, all you need are a new pair of eyeglasses.
3. Your Eyeglasses are Scratched — Scratches and scuffs seem unobtrusive, but they could affect your vision, which could result in more eye strain. If your glasses have coatings that block UV rays or reduce glare, scratches and scuffs may reduce their efficacy. Ask your optometrist for features that can be beneficial to your daily routine, like anti-reflective coatings.
4. Your Glasses Are Hard to Clean — Speaking of coatings, today’s eyeglasses feature coatings that prevent smudges and oils, making it easy to clean. These coatings get worn out over years of use. If your eyeglasses are not as easy to clean as they used to, they’re old enough to warrant a replacement.
5. Your Glasses Are Out of Fashion — Eyeglasses should be both functional and fashionable, especially if you’ll be wearing them everyday. Certain styles end up looking dated or just simply not as “in” as they were when you bought them. Or perhaps they don’t reflect the fashion that your age group is expected to have. Whatever the case may be, all it will take is a visit to your optometrist.
Eye and Vision Care is your leading provider of contacts and eyeglasses. Give us a call at (703) 957-3384 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve customers in South Riding, VA, and nearby areas.