For some people, it can be a bit difficult to determine whether or not their eye prescription has changed. In this article, Eye & Vision Care — a Virginia-based clinic specializing in lenses and frames — shares a few signs that it is time to update your prescription for better eyesight.
- Your vision is blurred. When items start to look blurry around the edges, resulting in the inability to see in fine detail, you need to book an appointment with your eye doctor soon.
- You are squinting often. If you find yourself squinting most of the time, it is an indication that your prescription has changed. By squinting, you are changing the way light enters your eye, improving your vision by a fraction. Constantly doing this means your eyes need correction.
- Your eyes feel tired. If your eyes are hurting or feeling exhausted almost all the time, it is usually because they are straining to focus on things. Getting an eye exam and updated prescription will mitigate this problem and put constant eye strain to a halt.
- Your eyes are sensitive to light. If bright, sharp light from indoors or the sun is compelling you to squint, cover your eyes, or even shut them due to uncomfortable pain, it is definitely time for a prescription upgrade. Chronic light sensitivity may also be a sign of infection or disease, so make sure to seek a professional as soon as possible.
- You have constant headaches. If you are experiencing recurring headaches, it may be a sign that your prescription needs to be updated.
Eye & Vision Care is a leading source of top-quality vision care products and personalized optometric services in and around Haymarket, VA. Our trusted eye doctors provide eye exams, lenses and soft contacts and treat various eye conditions. Call us at (703) 783-1297 or (703) 783-1290. You can also fill out our contact form to set up an appointment.